Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SKIVOLUTION LTD EFFECTIVE FROM 17 MAY 2022
(FOR THE 2022/23 WINTER SKI SEASON ONWARDS)
Skivolution Ltd has taken great care with all the arrangements that concern your holiday and the contents of our website. We ask you to read the following conditions carefully before completing the online booking form. If you have any queries regarding any of the following points please do not hesitate to contact us.
- PAYMENT: Please complete the online booking form and arrange an initial deposit payment of £250 per person per week. This will confirm your provisional holding option. Our only method of payment is by bank transfer and details can be obtained from our UK office. The total balance of the holiday is due no later than 13 weeks prior to arrival in resort. If payment is not received within this period the booking may be treated as cancelled and we reserve the right to retain the deposits which have been paid. If booking within 13 weeks of arrival in resort the full balance payment is due.
- CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT: Notice of this is required in writing or will be taken as cancelled by the client if a no show in resort on the date of arrival. If the deposit only has been paid then this will be retained in full by Skivolution Ltd. If the full balance payment has been paid, then the cancellation charge is 100% of all monies paid (including the deposit). If the cancelled place is refilled by Skivolution Ltd at a later date the cancellation charges will still apply.
Please note that all notifications of cancellation should be made by email to email@example.com.
- CANCELLATION OR CHANGE OF ACCOMMODATION BY SKIVOLUTION LTD: In the unlikely event we have to cancel your holiday, all monies paid to date to Skivolution Ltd will be refunded (except in the circumstances detailed below at condition 5). In the event that your specified accommodation becomes unavailable or we need to move you to another accommodation for business reasons, Skivolution Ltd retains the right to offer alternative accommodation. If you elect not to accept this alternative accommodation then all monies paid to date (including your deposit payment) to Skivolution Ltd will be refunded. No other payment would be applicable in either of these instances.
- COVID-19 REFUND TERMS: This condition shall apply to any bookings taken by Skivolution Ltd for the 2022/23 winter ski season. Provided payment has been made in accordance with Condition 1 above, in the event that UK or Austrian Government travel restrictions imposed as a result of an outbreak of Covid-19 or similar virus prohibiting travel to Salzburgerland are in place 24 hours before 00.01hrs on the date on which your holiday with us is due to start (departure date), you shall be entitled to a refund in the following circumstances and subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- Cancellation by the Client
Notice of cancellation in writing must be received by email within the 24 hour period before 00.01hrs on your departure date addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation by Skivolution Ltd
In the event that Skivolution Ltd decide to cancel your holiday for reasons directly related to a pandemic (or a localised outbreak of Covid-19 or some variation / mutation thereof) and provided notice is given to you in writing within the 24 hour period before 00.01hrs on your departure date
In the event that the holiday is unable to proceed in the circumstances prescribed in either of the 2 preceding paragraphs, the full sum paid by you will be refunded to you under deduction of £250 per person.
In the unlikely event of Covid-19 or any mutation / variation thereof having any impact upon your holiday with effect from 00.01hrs on your departure date, we regret that you will be responsible for any losses arising therefrom and the full price of the holiday remains payable by you. Obviously, we would advise you to take appropriate insurance cover for your own protection. Similarly, if having tested positive for Covid-19 or some other variation / mutation thereof or you are required to self isolate rendering you unable to join us in the resort, no refund shall be payable by Skivolution Ltd.
In the event of Skivolution Ltd cancelling all holidays in advance of the first week of holidays in Kaprun for the 2022 winter season (effectively cancelling the season) the full sum paid by you will be refunded to you under deduction of £100 per person.
- Cancellation by the Client
- DELAYS OR THE CONSEQUENCES OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES: Skivolution Ltd are not responsible for delays or the consequences of unforeseen circumstances arising outwith our reasonable control which render the provision by us of our obligations under this contract impossible or materially more difficult including, but without limitation:- Acts of god (excluding Covid-19), flood, drought or other natural disaster, terrorist attack, armed conflict or breaking off of diplomatic relations, nuclear or chemical contamination, strikes or other industrial action. In the event of any of these, or any other unforeseen circumstances arising, we will contact you as soon as we practicably can to inform you of the situation. If you are already in resort we will assist you in arranging return travel to the airport. In the unlikely event of any of these occurrences no refund payment would be payable to you. These risks are deemed to be assumed by the customers and insurance should be procured to mitigate this risk as soon as possible after booking.
- HOLIDAY INSURANCE: You must procure insurance including cover for the risks detailed in condition 5 above as soon as possible after making your booking. Please note that not all Winter Sports insurance will include cover for the risks described in condition 5 and care should be taken to select an appropriate and comprehensive policy.
- CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE FOR FLIGHTS/TRAINS: Skivolution Ltd do not organise flights or train travel although we will still provide return airport (Salzburg and Munich) transfers. Skivolution Ltd have no part in the contract between you and the charterer, airline or train company. Please note that for returns to the various airports we will always leave a generous amount of time for the transfer journey, check-in and onward transit through the airport. It should be noted that if, as a result of any delay owing to accident, weather, guest lateness or any other incident out of the control of Skivolution Ltd, then Skivolution Ltd will not be liable for any additional costs incurred due to missed flight or train departures.
- DAMAGE: Any damage to the accommodation or any property by the client whether accidental or deliberate must be paid for in the resort.
- PRICE GUARANTEE: The prices on this website are based on the foreign currency exchange rate of £1 = 1.18 euros. If the value of sterling should fall below £1 = 1.10 euros euros at any time between your initial booking and eight weeks before your arrival in resort, we reserve the right to add a surcharge to your holiday. If your final invoice has already been prepared and issued prior to eight weeks before your arrival in resort, this will be recalculated and reissued. If you have paid your holiday balance in advance of the final invoice payment date we also reserve the right to recalculate and reissue the invoice to reflect the new outstanding balance. We guarantee to limit this surcharge to £30 per person per week. In return we cannot give refunds should exchange rates alter favourably. Only Government action or War can alter this promise.
- THE SKI COURSE: The ski course (minimum 4 hours per day over 5 days) is free and included in the price of the holiday. Lessons are organised to include skiers of similar abilities. Please note that should you either not ski or choose not to join in our lessons then no reduction will be offered from our standard holiday price. Snowboard tuition is not provided as part of this package.
- PERSONAL BELONGINGS: Skivolution Ltd accepts no liability for loss, delay in transit or damage to personal belongings. Where third parties are involved, providing transport or any other services, reference must be made to their respective terms and conditions, which apply to their obligations and liabilities. Skivolution Ltd cannot under any circumstances be responsible for acts or omissions of any third party.
- CREDIT / DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS: Our only method of payment is by bank transfer. Payment by chque, credit or debit card is not possible.
- CHILDCARE: We regret that we do not provide childcare in Kaprun.
- SKI HIRE: We operate our own ski hire department and our qualified Ski Technician will make every effort to ensure your ski bindings are set appropriately. To effect accurate setting our Ski Technician will request your weight and ski ability level before setting the bindings in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines. However, skiing accidents do happen and in the unlikely event of an accident occurring, Skivolution Ltd takes no responsibility. Guests re-adjusting their bindings during the course of their holiday, do so at their own risk.
Skivolution Ltd Terms & Conditions 2022/23 Version 3 – effective from 17 May March 2022